Women's participation in hunting and fishing in America is growing rapidly, fueled in large part by their desire for healthy, free-range meat and outdoor activities that can include the whole family.
But women's participation still lags behind men's. California Waterfowl's Women's Hunt Program helps address that deficit with a wide variety of events for novice outdoorswomen in supportive environments, as well as events for women of all experience levels.
For novice events, gear - including firearms - is provided. The camaraderie happens all on its own!
If you have questions, please contact Molly Maupin, CWA's Education Coordinator at 916-532-9682 or email@example.com.
women's events and classes
Women's Shooting Clinic and Sporting Clays (1-day)
- Held each spring at CWA's Grizzly Ranch in Solano County
- All experience levels welcome
- Ages 13 and up welcome!
- Guns, ammunition, targets, and ear and eye protection are provided
- Shotgun, rifle and archery taught by trained instructors
- More experienced shooters can try our challenging clays course (50- or 100-target packages)
- Includes lunch and wild-game tasting
In addition to this women's shoot, we typically have three other fun shoots at Grizzly Ranch where men are also welcome - two for the general public and one for veterans.
Women's (Overnight) Waterfowl Hunts – Grizzly Ranch and Staten Island
- All-level general waterfowl hunts for women
- Hunt in singles or pairs in pit blinds.
- Staten Island Flooded Rice
- Grizzly Island flooded natural habitat
- Volunteer guides are available to help each hunter. If a guide is not needed please make a note in your registration.
- Three Women's Hunt Events to choose from: Two at Staten Island and one at Grizzly Ranch. (individuals may attend only one of the three)
- Food and lodging are included + CWA Membership
- Expert mentors provided for novice hunters
- All equipment available to borrow